The LandCruiser has always been a very popular tow vehicle and the latest models come with a high resolution display. So it makes sense to utilise this screen to view a caravan camera image rather than add unsightly displays to the dash.
You can activate the caravan camera image while driving forward without interrupting the audio from the cars sound system. All you need to do is long press the factory NAV button and the camera image will display, just like a rear view mirror.
On top of that, we have added a function that, when activated, will allow the Caravan/Trailer camera to show up automatically when you put the vehicle in reverse, rather than the factory camera. You can choose when you want to activate/deactivate this feature with a longer press (4-5 seconds) of the factory NAV button while the vehicle is in reverse gear.
We also developed the functionality to allow Picture in Picture. This means that you can have a small section of your screen showing the Caravan/Trailer camera, while the rest of your screen shows the normal factory features. Again, you are in control of this and can activate/deactivate this feature via a long press of the Hang Up button on your steering wheel.
Installation is simple with the system being completely Plug & Play to the factory connections. The 1409-2 is compatible with both PAL & NTSC Caravan/Trailer cameras.
- Integrate 2 x Video Inputs (1 visible while driving forwards & 1 that can override the factory reverse camera)
- Up to 3 Video inputs are visible when driving forwards (not in reverse) with the optional AV Expansion part# 1411
- Compatible with Dual Trailer cameras.
- Camera Image can be viewed while driving forwards while still listening to the factory audio system.
- Activation of the camera video while driving forwards is via a simple long press of the vehicle’s NAV button.
- Activate/Deactivate the RTC feature that allows the Caravan/Trailer camera to show up automatically in reverse rather than the factory camera.
- Picture in Picture mode allows you to see either of the video inputs as a smaller image over the top of your factory screen.
- Compatible with both PAL & NTSC Cameras
- All options/access to our features use factory buttons, so there is no additional external switches required.
- Retains all factory features and functionality.
- Plug & Play installation
- 2 Year Warranty