The LandCruiser has always been a very popular tow vehicle and the latest models come with a high resolution display. So it makes sense to utilise this screen to view a caravan camera image rather than add unsightly displays to the dash.
Key features of this system include the ability to view the caravan camera image on demand while driving forward (just like a rear view mirror) without interrupting the factory audio. Additionally, we have included a function that, when activated, allows the Caravan/Trailer camera to show up automatically when you put the vehicle in reverse (instead of the factory camera). We also developed a Picture-in-Picture feature, this means that you can have a small section of your screen showing the Caravan/Trailer camera, while the rest of your screen shows the normal factory features. All these features can be activated or deactivated whenever you like! Installation is simple with the system being completely Plug & Play to the factory connections. The 1409-2 is compatible with both PAL & NTSC Caravan/Trailer cameras.
Caravan Camera while driving forward: Long press the NAV button
RTC Function, to automatically view Caravan Camera in reverse: Put the vehicle in reverse, then long press (4-5 seconds) of NAV button (same process for deactivation)
PIP mode: Long press of Hang Up button on steering wheel
- Integrate 2 x Video Inputs (1 visible while driving forwards & 1 that can override the factory reverse camera)
- Up to 3 Video inputs visible when driving forwards (not in reverse) with the optional AV Expansion part# 1411
- Compatible with Dual Trailer Cameras
- Camera Image can be viewed while driving forwards while still listening to the factory audio system.
- Activation of the camera video while driving forwards is via a simple long press of the vehicles NAV button.
- Activate/Deactivate RTC feature that allows the Caravan/Trailer camera to show up automatically in reverse rather than the factory camera.
- Picture in Picture mode allows you to see either of the 2 video inputs as a smaller image over the top of your factory screen.
- Compatible with both PAL & NTSC Cameras
- All options/access to our features use factory buttons, so there is no additional external switches required.
- Retains all factory features and functionality.
- Plug & Play installation
- 2 Year Warranty